#HecklersHangout 16 – Elevator Pitch Champion Chris Westfall
We are excited to welcome special guest Chris Westfall to Hecklers’ Hangout this Thursday, January 10th. Did you know that there is a “National Elevator Pitch” competition for the person with the best two-minute speech? Guess who is the national champion: Mr. Chris Westfall. I love one of Chris’ sayings: “Everyone has a story – what’s yours?”
I originally met Chris through both Twitter and 12 Most, and then I started sharing his excellent content through Triberr on a regular basis. He is an outstanding speaker, and I appreciate his polished videos demonstrating speaking tips. You can easily see how he uses strong communication skills to help both companies and individuals be clear and concise in their messaging…without the “Um’s”!
What better person to write a book titled The NEW Elevator Pitch as Chris seeks to improve the world “two minutes at a time”? When we first broached the topic of having Chris as a guest on Hecklers’ Hangout, I told him it would be cool if hecklers brought their personal “elevator pitches”. Chris could critique them!
Join us on Hecklers’ Hangout, and bring your elevator pitches, as we feature the National Elevator Pitch Champion, author, entrepreneur, and award-winning MBA instructor: Chris Westfall.
Hecklers’ Hangout Essentials
- Date: January 10, 2013
- Time: 7p EST / 6p CST / 5p MST / 4p PST
- Guest: Chris Westfall
- Topic: The NEW Elevator Pitch
- Circle Brian Vickery and send a note on Google+ or Twitter for me to add you to the Hecklers’ Hangout circle. Circle my co-host Margie Clayman while you are at it.
- Make sure you have a good webcam, microphone, and lighting (so you are not a silhouette).
- Join the Hangout 15 minutes early for the camaraderie and to resolve any technical issues.
- If you cannot attend the live Hecklers’ Hangout, then you can watch the LiveStream on my YouTube channel or Google+ page. You can continue to tweet your heckles to #HecklersHangout. The recorded hangout will be available on my YouTube channel shortly after the conclusion of the live event.
- Because this is a live broadcast, with recording available afterwards, all heckles should be PG-rated! Leave the more colorful commentary to the Group Chat during the live hangout.
See you this Thursday at 7p EST – and bring those heckles AND ELEVATOR PITCHES!