#HecklersHangout 18 – Mark Babbitt Knows Internships and Young Careers
I love my job! As a principal in a software solutions company for almost 12 years, I’m not hitting the job market anytime soon. However, I still find myself reading and sharing SavvyIntern content everyday. The About Us page of YouTern says “We have helped thousands of college students and recent graduates successfully ascend into the workplace…with passion, clear direction and humble confidence.” Those characteristics shine through each blog post on SavvyIntern, and they compel me to share with the hope they have positive impacts on young careers.
Mark Babbitt is the CEO of YouTern, the creators of the SavvyIntern blog, and he is our special guest this Thursday night on Hecklers’ Hangout. In addition to the SavvyIntern blog, YouTern also holds a weekly #InternPro Chat (Mondays at 9pm ET) on Twitter and an #InternPro radio show every Tuesday at 9pm ET. YouTern’s goal is to “connect emerging talent to dynamic leaders and mentors at start-ups, entrepreneurial small businesses and non-profits!”
If you are a college student looking for internship opportunities, or you are in the job market and want to prepare yourself for success throughout the job search process, you want to attend this week’s Hecklers’ Hangout. I am confident you will get great advice and input from Mark Babbitt – expressed with passion, clear direction and humble confidence!
Hecklers’ Hangout Essentials
- Date: January 24, 2013
- Time: 7p EST / 6p CST / 5p MST / 4p PST
- Guest: Mark Babbitt
- Topic: Internships and Career Strategy
- Circle Brian Vickery and send a note on Google+ or Twitter for me to add you to the Hecklers’ Hangout circle. Circle my co-host Margie Clayman, too.
- Make sure you have a good webcam, microphone, and lighting
- Join the Hangout 15 minutes early for the camaraderie and to resolve any technical issues.
- If you cannot attend the live Hecklers’ Hangout, then you can watch the LiveStream on my YouTube channel or Google+ page. You can continue to tweet your heckles to #HecklersHangout. The recorded hangout will be available on my YouTube channel shortly after the conclusion of the live event.
See you this Thursday at 7p EST – bring those career and internship questions!